How to buy:
Contact the suppliers of your choice and obtain the best price. Their details can be found on the Suppliers page. Ordering directly with you chosen supplier ensures you have obtained the best possible price.
When obtaining quotes from suppliers, always include the following:
- Ideally a door picture or reference from their site or our site.
- Quantity required.
- Size and thickness. If you don’t want a standard size that can be trimmed a little, a custom size often costs significantly more.
- Door material to be used and alternatives if acceptable- A painted softwood costs a lot less than a hardwood.
- If it’s to be glazed the thickness of the glass if it’s not the standard 4mm toughened to be used.
- Advanced specifications such as acoustic standards, ballistic standards, fire rating etc. It’s better to refer to an exact standard from a particular approved certified body as they are many similar standards but each one does differ.
- Required lead times, if the door is ready on the shelf it can be with you a lot sooner than having to wait for it to be made, so check the suppliers off the shelf ranges for maximum value and lead times.
- Delivery, many suppliers will ship both nationally and internationally but whilst national shipping doesn’t usually differ, with international shipping a shorter delivery time usually will cost more i.e. if you can wait maybe a month longer, for international buyers the saving can be considerable as deliveries by sea are far cheaper than air.
- Always obtain a detailed and clear written quote with a picture of what you are ordering.
It’s rare for things to go wrong but as you are paying the supplier directly, we recommend you pay with a credit card / paypal for extra piece on mind.